Thursday, August 03, 2006

Dream a little dream...

Last week the Manboy and I started talking the kid talk. We're both pretty excited about having children and the adventures that we'll have as a family. Nervous and excited. I'm not so secretly terrified about having a daughter as there is family history of deeply loving but explosive relationships between mothers and daughters in my family.

Anyway I guess all this is starting to effect my psyche because I had a dream the other night:

The Manboy and I were in a fake wood panelled station wagon driving on a street in Toronto. We were in our mid-forties and it was not looking good.

I was way too skinny with huge bags under my eyes, my thin hair was streaked with gray. You could tell that I was using a lot of anti-depressants or other medications for mental illness. I just wasn't the buxom, chaotic, explosive Jen we all know and love.

The Manboy was fully bald, his delightfully full and rosy chipmunk cheeks were drawn and jowly, he was hunching like an abused dog in the passenger side of the front seat. His blue giggly eyes dark and twitchy.

The camera shifts to my perspective as I glance into the rear view mirror and see our 10 year old daughter in the centre backseat of the car....chewing on an arm which had somehow been separated from it's body.

Yeah that's right, SHE'S! A! CANNIBAL! ZOMBIE!

The Manboy turns to me and says: If you don't look in the mirror then we'll never have to deal with this. Look away.

I blame the Cool Ranch Doritos.

You can see my dream come to life at the Moodkillers Sketch Show at 8:00 pm, August 28th, The Bad Dog Theatre

13 comments:

tapeheads said...

speaking of zombies...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?r=1&type=mov&id=12116

Jen said...

dear god joyce! i would never have thought to use a gallon of orange juice to kill a zombie

EXCELLENT!

Martina said...

Parenthood isn't quite like that although it sometimes feels like it!!

Not An Artist said...

Well you know what this means... I will finally have to drag my ass over the Bad Dog Theatre. I heart zombies.

Melanie said...

Good. lord.

denny Mcmillan said...

mmmmm arms

denny Mcmillan said...

tasty meaty knitters arms mmmm

denny Mcmillan said...

I see my micro chip I planted your brain is kicking in..... dddarkkkkk thoughts mmmhaaaha

Tammany said...

I think I had a similar dream right before I got married. There were no kids in it though.
I've been married for a little over a year, and so far no zombies.

Lorraine said...

How come Denny keeps commenting but her blog is the same as a million years ago? Too many human arms in your belly? I thought you and Jen were in blog cahoots... Endless confusion. Denny, can you send your technology coach to me to teach me what gives in the blogosphere?

Mmm ranch Doritos.

aviva said...

Re your recent comment on my blog: Me neither...

denny Mcmillan said...

where the hell were you tonight ( wed?) I had thread,needles the whole sh-bang. Friday, friday at the spotted dick you owe me ,you owe me big baby. Hello jenn OH JENN WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!!!!!!!

helllllooooo

luv denny x0x0x00

denny Mcmillan said...

oh they gave me cider and watch me lie on the cool, cool yarn store floor.I asked Rachel to come and spoon me only to get some lame ass answer