Thursday, July 27, 2006

Short Term Forecast: Babies a plenty!

The babies are popping out left right and centre. I'm desperately trying to make the last baby sweater which is due today at noon when I give the packages to my father who is in town for a dental appointment (I'm treating him to soup).

Two sisters due within HOURS of each other having a combined baby shower at the cottage with 3 weeks notice is UNFAIR. While the unfairness of it all is only exaccerbated by my own sister in law's impending baby popping that does not undue the fact that only one of the sisters will be getting a gift from me...sigh.

Rant aside: THIS MAKES MY OVARIES GO INTO OVERDRIVE. A finished object from Debbie Bliss' Baby Cashmerino - the Matinee Jacket made in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino #505. I'm in love with the book and the wool. I'm so so happy with this sweater that I could burst!


On December 26th, 2005 I started my first Intarsia project. It's the blanket from Zoe Mellor's Adorable Knits for Tots book in Bernat Cottontots.

Joyce helped me finish it on Wednesday at Lettuce Knit. In exchange for a beer she finished the last of a trillion ends. Thank god I had been pseudo sewing them in as I went along. By the last row of squares my tension got a little bit tight so I need to uber block it to get it straight - but I'm pretty darned happy with the end product.

Just in time as the little nina/nino is due next week.

VICTORY!

10 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my god -- that sweater is the most adorable thing I have seen in a long time. It's is gorgeous. Gah!

I remember that blanket! It's amazing and I'm in awe of your skills.

Rachel H said...

Victory indeed! I love the blanket. I do not love intarsia so I may never make the blanket. Then again, after I finish this godforsaken MDK blanket, I may never want to make another blanket again.

sigh. I want a wee girl to make that sweater for.

Anonymous said...

JEN! They are both BEAUTIFUL!! That sweater is absolutely gorgeous!
btw: you're raising the bar a bit high don't ya think?
Liz

Sophia said...

Looking good, Jen divine. Congrats on finishing. Time to rock some socks, perhaps? We may abscond from the meetup one Wed and come hang with you and the Lettuces. :)

Steph said...

The blanket is gorgeous! I'm sorry to have missed it. And I love the sweater.

Watch those ovaries, they can cause you to do crazy things!

denny Mcmillan said...

Ugggg. got caught up in watching some battlestar galactica.......AND RACHEL H. BEAT ME. I was up so early to. Oh hi jenn nice blankie and don't you just love bliss's cashmernio. ...... luv dennyx0x0x0x

Jean-Anne said...

Where did the pattern for the matinee sweater come from? It looks so cute.

Heather said...

You've been busy! The sweater is so adorable! Love the blanket, too.

Martina said...

The blanket is fun! Didn't think I liked it in the close up shot but the finished full blanket shot won me over!!

Tammany said...

I LOVE that blanket and the jacket! The colors in the blanket are wonderful. Congrats!