Monday, May 29, 2006

My Dogs are Barking.

I love the walk to work through Cabbagetown and Riverdale Farm. The gardens are beautiful and the walk is meditative. The walk is the exact length of a Cast On or CBC Radio 3 Podcast which suits my OCD just fine.

I'm trying to find out why the union walked off the job and SHUT TOWN THE TTC today. It's a pretty huge gauntlet the union tossed down - risking complete alienation from Toronto transit users and management. Kinnear is an idiot.

Edited: The walk out/lock out debate seems moot since the Amalgamated Transit Union's own website calls it a walk out.

The only time I've seen the union pull rank like this was when there were life and death health risks in mines....I'm talking Westray Mine type issues. If this was a mining town there would be brawling in the bars.

My manboy biked from our house in south Riverdale to Sheppard and Leslie in the same amount of time as it took to TTC there. Interesting eh?

No comments: