Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Bell, Beavers and Playoffs

A pubescent conversation I had at work with a friend of mine reminded me of the Bell Canada commercial featuring Frank and Gordon discussing beard shaving during the playoffs.

As Canadians, we know the drill, there are a number of superstitions involving not shaving beards, not shaving legs, or not changing gitchies.

That's all well and good but after seeing this commercial Jason and I looked at each other in awe and wonder that the censors missed a commercial all about A SHAVED BEAVER. I swear to god that we're not just dirty minded...it's so obvious!

Has anyone else seen this rare and magical moment?

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I just saw that this morning and I totally missed the innuendo. I don't Jen, I think you've just got a permanent gutter-mind.

Samantha said...

I haven't seen that commercial, but I will look for it. LOL

Jen said...

Really? I'll accept that I'm a gutter girl but it still makes me laugh really hard every time I watch it.

Too funny.

Steph said...

I'm not sure what I find worse.

*The shaved beaver reference (I completely got that--so I'm sure the advertisers do too)

*Or the fact that you know the name of said shaved beavers.

Or that these beavers (not shaved since it's playoff time) have their own freakin' website.

Oh, and all this talk of shaved beavers should get you all kinds of new traffic.

Jen said...

and thats what it's all about...although most of said new traffic has already gotten here due to the blog name.

A POX ON THE PERVOS!

Anonymous said...

i just saw some great t-ware at my friends house and thought the same thing. hey i lifted forks from that same office, go for the t-ware.......
jano