Thursday, April 27, 2006

When carpet becomes your enemy...

Today at the office we had a naturopath come in and talk about all the benefits to naturopathic medecine. It was a good presentation and the speaker wasn't as creepy and culty as some naturopaths can be.

At the end of the hour there was a question and answer period where I was delighted to be witness to the moment when one of the office lesbians asked:

"I'm really sensitive to carpets - is there any advice you can give me on how to take care of mine?"

9 comments:

krista said...

oh that is priceless.

tapeheads said...

Ok, do you guys do any work there or is it just presentation after presentation?

btw, I'll get that photo to you tonight.

Jen said...

tomorrow it's the drumming circle!

Steph said...

That reminds me of the South Park episode where the boys fall in love with the lesbian supply teacher. But they don't know what a lesbian is.

Carmen says something about buying her a carpet because his mother told him the lesbian liked to munch rug.

So what advice did he give?

And can I come and give a presentation at your work? I'm looking for focus group participants and it's not like you all do any work or anything.

Heather said...

I think I would have had to leave the room after that.

Where the heck do you work?

Jen said...

While my colleagues are very funny to me - I have to respond by saying I really respect that my company is investing in the health and welfare of the staff - we have great benefits and I think these sessions are really cool.

that being said I almost spit my coffee with extra cream out on the person in front of me...

Not An Artist said...

Oh my god, I'm dying... what did the naturopath say in response?

Erin said...

Ok #1 I blame you for putting "I shot the sherrif" (or is that pudding, not sure?) into my head for a full day. #2 funny lesbian comments make my day. #3 kool aid guy will always be the version from family guy to me OOOOOOOOOOOOOYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Samantha said...

LMAO! Did she get any good tips? ;)