Thursday, April 06, 2006

For the love of the flirty woman.

I love flirting. I do it every chance I get - most of the time I don't even notice I'm doing it...men, women, it doesn't really matter. I just love to flirt. My husband has both reaped the rewards (we did get married that lucky bastard!) of my flirtatious nature and embraces it as a way of life.
I'm not alone either. There are hundreds of us - proud flirty women. If you're reading a blog with the name My Sensitive Girl Hole you are probably a flirt of some kind. I don't judge, I just recognize my people.


It has come to my attention that some of the partners, husbands and lovers of flirty women feel ill at ease with the flirtatious nature of my people. For some reason they feel that because there is romantic commitment to them that our flirt must go the way of the dodo. WTF.

Flirting is not just a way of "finding a man or life partner" it's a way of life.

Here's the thing: Do you really think that YOU'D BE GETTING ANY ACTION if your girlfriend, wife, partner wasn't a flirt? Do you really think that hooking up with men is the only reason that we flirt?

It's a personality trait. We're born with the need to flirt and it isn't something that gets turned off just because we've decided to commit to you. Flirting does NOT MEAN THAT WE ARE HAVING SEX WITH ANYONE ELSE. So stop suggesting that we're cheating on you just because we laughed at someone else's joke.

I can't tell you how chafed I get when I hear one of my girlfriends' partners asking her to stop flirting with the bartender/waiter/gay friend. We don't commit easily but when we do it's for the long haul and flirting is part of the package.

So get over yourself and enjoy the ride, we're a very charming people when you chill out.

No comments: