Monday, April 17, 2006

Coolest gift - ever.

I've been sitting on this post for a little over one week. I just don't know what to say. That's right bitches....I'm speechless.

My two smart and talented sisters who live in Waterloo and St. Catherine's somehow managed to take the time in their excrutiatingly busy schedules to get together in one place and buy this table set used at the Waterloo Antique Market.

Then they managed to get together *again* to do the mosaic, paint the base of the table and refinish the chairs. All of this without dropping event the slightest hint and I'm the most nosy of gossipy sisters EVER. It's my life's work to know EVERYTHING.

Finally, Charlotte had to drive to Waterloo to pick up the whole set and Liz and drive it to Toronto so that she and Liz could give them to Jason and I as a wedding gift.


The reasons I love this gift as much as I do:

a) My sisters were genius in getting used furniture and making it new again - I LOVE THAT SHIT.

b) That they learned a new craft to make such beautiful patio furniture warms the cockles of my craft obsessed heart.

c) Coordinating this sort of an undertaking for members of my family is an art form in and of itself...it blows my mind how much work them getting together without me knowing about was.

d) LOOK WHAT MY SISTERS MADE!!!!! It's a beautiful patio set. sigh. speechless

8 comments:

Jill said...

Jen - that table is AMAZING. You are a lucky girl to have such fantastic sisters!

Samantha said...

It's beautiful. :) What a lovely gift. :)

Heather said...

That table rocks! How very cool of your sisters. You are so blessed to have such great sisters. I barely get along with mine on good days.

maggieBB said...

that is all kinds of awesome :D

Rachel H said...

Seriously talented sisters. Wow.

krista said...

Jen, it is beautiful! That is awesome. When you have your drinks out there you'll be smiling thinking of how sweet they were!

Sandi Purl said...

how freakin gorgeous is THAT! what an awesome gift. well deserved!

Kathleen said...

Beyond cool. For all the reasons you said. Your sisters ROCK. I am very jealous.