Sunday, April 09, 2006

26 is the best age to be

This whole post is going to be dedicated to my youngest sister Elizabeth. You may think to yourself "DAMN, what's she got that I don't have?"

Let me tell you:

1. She is smart and inspired about realistically managing our country's fresh water supply. So passionate is my sister that she will wade through decades of raw data of industrial water useage given to her by the government to develop a Soft Path solution. I will never know that passion about H2O and will probably live longer and have fresh water to drink because of hers.

2. Holy god, if aliens had blue eyes they would look like my Aryan sister's orbs. She is the most beautiful and hip 26 year old I have in my life.

3. My favourity memory of Ms. Elizabeth Frances Lee is her coming home from a day of
ponding (warning you need Shockwave to play) in Grade 2 to tell me about pond insects and how they can walk on water. Something about water tension and blah blah blah.

If I had maybe had my head out of my own tortured teenaged ass for a couple of minutes I might have been able to see those rarest of moments: Passion and inspiration being born to a person.

4. Her capacity to put up with brutal teasing is limitless. Liz has three older siblings all of whom are bullies. I'd like to say that I teased her mercilessly to make her tougher but really I think it's just because it took me a long time to learn what limits were.

We've become much closer friends and sisters since I developed a respect for her comfort levels and she for mine. I hope everyone gets the luxury to work their shit out with their family it's not easy but it's worth every second of tears.

5. Liz welcomed my husband into our family with an open heart, a hug and all the love that she has for her sisters and brother. J is different from us in so many ways that it was a big adjustment for him to inherit all sorts of CRAZY MOTHER FUCKING FAMILY members and vice versa.

Liz respected his boundaries without question right off the bat and for that I will be eternally grateful.

1 comment:

Erin said...

you are such a great sister:)