Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Knitting Olympics


So I finished my Canada Socks on the day of the closing ceremonies. I grossly underestimated myself - not only did I finish the socks but I finished the June Bug for my beautiful friend Max and I made a substantial dent in two different shawls.

Next time I shall be true to myself and go the route of Laura, Megan, Jean-Anne, Wannietta, Sophia and THOUSANDS OF OTHER KNITTERS by actually picking something that I think is impossible to finish - then finish it.

This movement (event doesn't quite describe the size of it) was pretty amazing. What happens when you find something to unite OCD knitters? This. You should link through the post.

The closing ceremonies of the Olympics were a hoot. I have some pictures but they aren't where I am typing right now. You can see some great pictures here, here, here and here.

I had a great time organizing the Team Canada drinking/knitting events. What an absolute pleasure it's been to be a part of this party. Congratulations to all and I hope to see you on the reunion tour.

5 comments:

Jean-Anne said...

Thank you for the honorable mention on your blog. I am celebrity now. You and Kelly did a fabulous job on Team Canada. But it is true without the knitting olympic the interlocking balloons would have become a stash project (never to be seen again)

Karlie said...

Hey Jen, thanks so much for hosting the knit along! I don't have an e-mail to send you my address to - how shall I do that? My e-mail address is koshorro AT lakeheadu DOT ca. You can just e-mail me too :)

Yvette said...

Thank you and thank you again. You are an amazingly energetic, funny and talented person. Team Canada was the best time I've had in ages!

Not An Artist said...

Hooray for Gold! Big time thanks for all your incredible work on Team Canada -- it was so much fun to meet so many other local knitters and see so much cool knitting going on! That was so much work, I think its a major feat just getting that done, let alone finishing knitting an entire project.

Cynthia said...

Hey Jen,

Was on Team Canada and I saw that there was a Cynthia C that won a prize but I did not receive an email ... so is there another Cynthia C...can you let me know??
Please?