Wednesday, March 22, 2006

If my last post made you think I was "up a stump" this one is going to blow your minds

I'm looking for midwives and doulas in the Toronto area (specifically Riverdale and Roncesvalle) to interview. I will be calling the collectives but if anyone has a midwife that you would recommend let me know in the comments and I'll email you tonight...

Yeah I know I know...but I'm not knocked up I SWEAR IT.

Now that we're not buying a house....I'm considering a drastic career change and would like to meet a few midwives (as many as possible really) to learn about their experiences etc before I take the proverbial leap off the cliff. I'll be taking my prerequisite sciences this year and applying for the September 2007 academic year.

My Partner In Crime (PIC) has gently suggested that maybe I research the profession by talking to some people working in the field in Toronto before I quit my job and force the two of us to live in abject poverty.

Since my Gemini tendancies have me running amok instigating obscene and excruciating life changes at the drop of a hat I thought: "Hmm...maybe I'll research this a bit before I quit my job that brings in half our income...thereby inhibiting us from owning a home or providing food for Moonoonit"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
I do know a women who is finished her second year at Mac. I'm in the process of getting her email.
Liz

Craftygrrrl said...

I totally need to hook you up with a friend of mine who is in the same spot and can give you a whack load of info.

Kathleen said...

craftygrrrl's friend is also my friend and I second that recommendation. :)

Also, my midwife was Chris Sternberg from the Riverdale Community Midwives collective. Cannot recommend her enough. 411 for the collective can be found at https://members.aom.on.ca/test/source/
Members/midwifesearch_display.cfm?
id=804

HTH!

aviva said...

I'll email my midwife right now and see if she's available to chat. (She's on mat leave) She lives in Riverdale I think, but works in Parkdale. You can also call Monavi at Midwife Alliance who was my back up midwife and is also fabulous. Google midwife alliance on Roncesvalles and get the phone number.

Anonymous said...

Jenn C has a friend who is a midwife. Send her a hotmail, or email me and I will give you Jenn's email.
Jano

Sandi Purl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandi Purl said...

hey there,

Pam at Kensington Midwives is super cool.
416.928.9777

www.aom.on.ca