Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Are you there God? It's me Jennifer Margaret

Dear Yarn God;

Can you please send me a sign to tell me that the vaguely fishy smell emanating from my newly finished Seasilk shawl is because I had fish chowder two days ago?

Not that I don't find the smell of ocean unpleasant, it's that I'm worried that the person I give this shawl to will start attracting the neighborhood cats in such a way that would make the Pied Piper jealous.

That the silk was a dream to knit with is besides the point. I've lived on both coasts of Canada the vague odor of fish is the beginning of a much more terrible smell if the source isn't identified.

Thanks for thinking of me!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Margaret Marie (who loves to swim in the sea)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Huh. I kinda liked the smell of it.