Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Flawless Logic

Last weekend I popped into the Naked Sheep with full plans to buy 1 skein of Handmaiden Sea Silk and put a second on hold until my next pay check. A plan of moderation and non impulsive knit shopping.

The Handmaiden blew my mind - Here's some information on how they create sea silk

Divine.

I came out with 2 skeins and a beautiful Lantern Moon knitting bag. To my credit - I have a plan for the Sea Silk already. I'm just waiting on the pattern. It's called Productive Stash Accumulation *not* as some might claim, Decorator Stash Accumulation.

and I got a discount - AH HA! (by discount I mean I'm one more stamp closer to being a "frequent yarn shopper" then I get a discount) How frugal am I?!

So here's my thinking: This week I'm going to make my lunch every day, eat dinner at home every night and not go out drinking until Sunday. My logic: I'm saving the money that I spent last weekend.

I've always had a touch of the dyslexia.

9 comments:

amy [Knitty] said...

oh, and the pattern's free, right? :-)

I'm writing it up as we speak.

Jen said...

EXACTLY!!! lol by my calculations i think I actually MADE money on this deal :c)

Rachel H said...

Wow. I've used that logic before.

Erin said...

oo yay. you're a naked knitter jen! i always knew it!

krista said...

I do the same thing friend. Example:

I am in this course, that I convinced myself to take because my work would pay for it.

For awhile it looked like my boss changed her mind and wasn't going to pay for it.

I emailed her and told her that if it's in the budget to pay for my class I am buying an IPOD with the money. (She want me to have one so we can share songs or something)

So I understand your logic totally. Somehow my free course because work was paying for it turned into an IPOD.

Flourish & Blotts said...

Wow, thats a gorgeous knitting bag! -Flouris

Samantha said...

Ooooh pretty!!!

Sue said...

Hey Jen - How can I get my hands on one of those Team Canada Knitting Olympics Jerseys????? I've been so out of it!

let me know!!! pleaseeeeeeeeee!

Wannietta said...

It's a special branch of Logic called Justification. The best are born with The Skill, some can develop it (if they have a latent Justification Gene) but it cannot be taught.