Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Brilliant by association

You see folks, I'm a genius - it's in my DNA - here's why:

1. A letter from my Aunt to the Globe and Mail. I swear to god more people need to start thinking like this woman. She's a powerhouse. How else could one womant be a working mother, gardener and chef ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Just asking
MARTHA HENDRIKS

In his review of Marginal Man: The Dark Vision of Harold Innis, Feb. 25, Roy MacSkimming says "Innis was also a workaholic, and Mary raised their four
children almost single-handedly while achieving a scholarly and literary career
of her own."

Who was the workaholic?

2. My genius sister (as portrayed here) has been granted one of four Fresh Water Policy Fellowships from the Walter and Gordon Duncan Foundation. Liz is so passionate about sustainable natural resource development and water management that we are all SO EXCITED THAT SHE FOUND HER PEOPLE (mostly because I don't understand everything she says). More importantly, they WILL PAY HER to do what she loves - a luxury I wish everyone to enjoy.


Congratulations Liz!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Hi Jenn,
Just a reminder can you send an invitation to Team Canada, so I can post pictures of my before and after pictures of the sweater I made for Knitting Olympics. I met you at The Old York closing ceremonies on Sunday Feb 26. My email:dowongo020@rogers.com
Thanks, Donna