Saturday, January 14, 2006

Secret Pal 7...The Interview

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I prefer higher end fibers but will knit with anything available

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I'm learning how to spin slowly. I love the fleece.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a number of different systems: I have a case for circulars and travel case for straights from my last Secret Pal and vases for general needles in use

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for around 5 years and I think I'm an intermediate level knitter. The reason I love knitting so much is every time I think I've got it all a pattern comes along an messes with my head

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I do have an Amazon list

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I love sandalwood, cedar and vanilla

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I don't have a sweet tooth but I love teas and hot drinks of almost every description

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I embroider and cross stitch.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love indie nerd music but am learning about Opra and classical too.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I love burgundy, wine red, black, deep purple, orange - in general deep fall colours

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have one cat Smudgie and we're thinking about getting another kitty - I have a manboy as well - I married him last year.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? As a Canadian I don't leave home without all of these except for ponchos which I get tangled in...I'm not a huge fan of them.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Any member of the Fleece Artist Family, Koigu pretty much anything soft and divine

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Anything that is fluffy or shiny or not containable. My rule of thumb is that if you can get it caught in your nose while smelling it...it's bad.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? A Sweater that fits, colourwork and lace.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Notions, needles and yarn.

17. What are you knitting right now? I'm knitting the Klaralund, the Canada sock (from Knitting on the Road) and an intarsia baby blanket (from Adorable Knits)

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes indeedy! My manboy and i collect them.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Straight

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo or plastic

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Neither but I'm saving the cash to get them.

22. How did you learn to knit? I've learned to knit 5 or 6 times. My mom taught me, my grandmother taught me a bunch of times, Janet Morton taught me a couple of times while we treeplanted. Finally when I was 23 or 24 I took a class at Romni Wool in Toronto and it stuck.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? 1 year old

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Hmm...I do love hippos

25. What is your favorite holiday? Recently New Years...not necessarily the Eve party but the whole month of January I love...it's the fresh newness of the year that is so exciting.

26. Is there anything that you collect? Wool and knitting accessories. Also music

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have Interweave Magazine and I love it.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? I'm dying to get a hold of Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Mosaic colour knitting

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I love socks...my feet are 9 inches long from heel to toe and 7 inches in diameter

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) June 12

2 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for posting this... and I will always love your blog's title! Erin (Your SP7 hostess)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting this! I'm looking forward to spoiling you!

Secret pal