Monday, January 23, 2006

My name is Square...but you can call me Squarey

A status update for January. The Klaralund is blocking and I'm nervous and giddy like a schoolgirl...will it fit? will I actually be able to sew it together without ruining it?? I'm hung on the edge of suspense.
While contemplating the future of the first sweater of 2006 I got trapped by this. I was waiting for my PIC at the voting station, by waiting I mean knitting a sock and Squarey here. My head almost burst with nerdiness as I love voting AND knitting...I got to combine them all - and talk to a couple of the neighbourhood biddies about knitting.

Squarey is a lot of easy fun right now in bright colours as seen below in their natural habitat.

And the Stripes and Dots blanket is making appropriately slow progress. It's such a satisfying knit and fun to see the patterns emerge...luckily the bebe who will own it isn't due for another 5.5 months....

And finally in the spirit of the knitting olympics. My training shawl, the Meadow Flowers Shawl, from Knitter's Stash...in fine spirit, I have *no* idea what I'm knitting this with...but I have a ton of it to use up and of course the rate I'm going it will take months to finish - it's also a little boring so I might shake it up by knitting beads into the border. I suspect I have months until I get to that point..

And I know that Kelly has already referenced it - but thus far the worst quote of CBC election coverage is Mansbridge recommendation that we "snuggle up in front of the warm glow of the tv" for the night. COME ON.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Aren't you smart starting the baby knitting 5 months earlier. Smarty McSmartPants!

Jen said...

blush....i didn't even know she was pregnant when i started it...i just wanted to learn colour work. how fortuitous hmmm?

btw am loving the sock pattern i stole from you....

kelly said...

Nonono, the worst part was the "snap, crackle and pop of Canadian democracy". Although, nothing (and I mean it kids, NOTHING) is worse than CTV's dusting of a smug looking Brian Mulroney. From Palm Beach, of all places. GAH!

krista- the silent k said...

I am knitting the last sleeve for my Klaralund now. I am giddy about mine too. I'll be back to see your beauty in all her glory!