Monday, December 12, 2005

You know you have a problem when:

My PIC was a bit concerned when I told him I was thrumming (more on this later) under my desk while watching my computer think at work. He rewrote an AA quiz for my benefit/information. I embrace it and I suspect at least 75% of the knitters I know embrace it too....

1 - Have you ever decided to stop knitting for a week or so, but only lasted for a couple of days?

Once but I got so tense and angry I started a sock to save my marriage.

2 - Do you wish people would mind their own business about your knitting-- stop telling you what to do?

I don't see what's wrong with knitting a couple of rows on the TTC while waiting for a train or if I decide to fold in a poker hand...I could knit a whole pair of socks if I used all of these wasted minutes to knit...

3 - Have you ever switched from one project to another in the hope that this would keep you from getting bored?

What's your point? Two pairs of socks, a pair of thrummed mittens, flower basket shawl, sweater and a baby blanket keeps me from getting carpal tunnel syndrome

4 - Have you had to have an eye-opener upon a wild night of knitting during the past year?

If by eye opener you mean...I learned how to spin fleece...yes I did!

5 - Do you envy people who can knit without getting into trouble?

Are you kidding me?!?! If it wasn't for the 25 year commitment of offspring I'd be on permanent mat leave...or a kept woman to an impotent old man

6 - Have you had problems connected with knitting during the past year?

Once. But it's only because the kid silk haze wasn't ready to commit to lace yet. No one likes to be rushed and once we talked it through...our relationship was stronger than before the fight.

Edited to Add: I misread this question the first time to read "Have you had problems connecTING with knitting during the past year?" does that misunderstanding count?

7 - Has your knitting caused trouble at home?

ummm...no?

8 - Do you ever try to get "extra" projects at a knit gathering because you do not get enough?

Well, I do like to bring a number of different projects to the Stitch and Bitches mostly as a boredom prevention. If a cashmere skein or two happen to get thrown in the mix then I graciously accept defeat.

9 - Do you tell yourself you can stop knitting any time you want to, even though you keep getting buying more wool when you don't mean to?

Why would I want to stop.

10 - Have you missed days of work or school because of knitting?

Um...no..

11 - Do you have "blackouts"?

Please see #6

12 - Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not knit?

I've never even considered it. I lived a life without knitting and it was ok but WITH the knitting my life has gotten more full, more rich (in comfort and warmth) and MORE creative.

1 comment:

krista said...

Haha.

Cute.