Friday, September 09, 2005

Waking up with a little green bag.

Lately I've been waking up with a song in my head - the song usually sticks around until my first couple of cups of coffee. I've decided to start making note of the songs to see if there's any pattern.

This morning I woke up with the song Little Green Bag by George Baker in my head this morning. What does it all mean? Is it the day of one hit wonders? I hope not - we start our systems upgrade tonight at 5:00.

Have had 1 cigarette at 10:00 pm last night after chairing a board meeting. Zero Alcohol. 25 Hours. I am feeling a little Emily Roseish but I'm sure I'll make it through.

Fun fact: After 72 hours the biological addiction to nicotine is gone, at least that's the word on the street. I just found this website to help - I love our health care in Canada. Just the fact that we can get FREE advice on anything is amazing to me.

By this schedule my delicious coffee will start to taste even better:
  • Within 8 hours carbon monoxide level drops in your bodyoxygen level in your blood increases to normal
  • Within 48 hoursyour chances of having a heart attack start to go downsense of smell and taste begin to improve
  • Within 72 hours bronchial tubes relax making breathing easier lung capacity increases
  • Within 2 weeks to 3 months circulation improves lung functioning increases up to 30%
  • Within 6 months coughing, sinus congestion, tiredness and shortness of breath improve
  • Within 1 year risk of smoking-related heart attack is cut in half
  • Within 10 years risk of dying from lung cancer is cut in half
  • Within 15 years risk of dying from a heart attack is equal to a person who never smoked.

2 comments:

aviva said...

good luck jen. though i indulged in wine and a cigarette last night with will, in general, if you need an alcohol-nicotine free evening, i'm the lady to call. see you next tuesday.

Jen said...

yeah - i'm going to have to cocoon realistically.