Thursday, September 08, 2005

Secret Pal 6...The Interview

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I am a yarn snob. Acrylic makes my teeth hurt like I've bitten aluminium and I don't like novelty yarn - I'm a vanilla knitter.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I would love to spin but alas, I'm still mastering knitting - I crochet to use up ends into granny squares but that's about it.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No allergies but stale smoke is grodie to the max...and I'm constantly quitting so I'm pretty sensitive to it.

4. How long have you been knitting?
Since 2000 on and off.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, yes I do.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I really love cedar, sandalwood, vanilla....mmmm...I love woody smells they make me think of outside (as I stare wistfully out of my office window)

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Meh, not so much. After I gained 60 lbs worth of delicious belgian truffles while living there nothing over here really tickles the tastebuds so much.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Mosaics and pretty much lots and lots of knitting

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love pretty much most music - I love listening to new indie bands and finding new music. Having said that I also love Yo Yo Ma. Man, that cello kicks it for me on rainy days. I'd like to learn more about classical and opera.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love dark rich reds, blues, oranges, - I guess I love the warm colour factor. I'm a winter but I don't know what that means. Colors I hate? Puce never sounds good.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a kitty named Smudgie. I love him


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Sigh. Um, uh, I'd like to get my MBA and project manager's designation then open up a consulting firm specializing in change management for small to middle sized businesses and have a kid or two

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Am loving alpaca, merino, silk blends and cotton

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Acrylic. Ouchee makes my teeth hurt thinking about it.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks, shawls and sweaters (in particular knitting one that fits me...or anyone...sigh)

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks for sure

17. What are you knitting right now?
A pair of socks in Opal. Clapotis in Koigu KPPPM. A sweater in Rowan Biggy

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I'm getting a shnickle bored with them.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo and aluminum

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yes, yes and yes

22. How did you learn to knit?
I took a class at a LYS with a girlfriend after a night of drinking martinis I love martinis.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
1.5 years

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I'm a big fan of all things Breathed. Opus would be my favourite. My favourite animal/bug is the dragonfly.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas...

26. Is there anything that you collect? CD's, DVD's, books

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None but I pick up Interweave the most regularly

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? See the wish list - but overall I'm pretty happy with my book inventory right now.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? Shawls

No comments: