Thursday, September 29, 2005

Oh sweet sweet stash

The new facilitator of luxury yarn purchase: eBay.

Have just bought some Rowan Kidsilk Haze in liqueur at half the price that I could by it at the LYS *and* it's free shipping. Am currently desperately trying to find a shawl pattern (SP hint) that is doable for a newish knitter with crack silk. Am very excited to give lace work a go. There is something even more divine that such an old craft is being facilitated by the modern idea of eBay. Anachronistic maybe?

I also won an auction of 9 balls of Rowan All Season's Cotton in Teal. I'm not sure what kind of knitting I'll use this for...there are a couple of ninos on the way so they might be getting some gear.

There's also 8 balls of various sock yarns that have been accrued this month thanks to the Kitchener Waterloo Yarn Festival.

When all is said and done I've hooked myself up for some high quality knitting for the fall. Just in time for my new month's goals.

I'll post some pics of this month's projects next week (blogger is not behaving with my pictures now)...am desperately trying to finish a couple of xmas/birthday gifts so as to prevent the pre-Christmas stress fest.

Satisfying

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Flower Basket Shawl by Fiber Trends is a great first lace project.

ieatrats said...

Just an idiotic comment. Reading Veever's kidblog and the link-hover said "mysensitivegirlhole", which made me want to recommend that you never ever look up the Thrown Ups because they have a "song" called Melancholy Girlhole. I pray both that you are familiar with it and that you are not.

Yarn is cool too though.

Jen said...

thanks for the flower basket shawl recommendation Anonymous! I've been looking for something that isn't scary.

ieatrats: I will be checking out meloncholy girlhole tonight - that's a funny name.

kelly said...

lol you caved! where didja buy the KSH from?

Jen said...

i got it online at your ebay recommendation - 11.00/ball. oh happy day!