Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Knit Factor # 9

Tabernac.

I've frogged this sock I'm knitting at least 6 times in an attempt to fix the 'hole' that shows up when I turn the heel. I now have two pairs of socks in play and cannot seem to fix it.

Grrr....Does anyone have any thoughts? I'm following the simple sock pattern from the Twisted Sisters Workbook and am beginning to think I'm not meant to knit socks.

On an up note I think I've finally met the zen of knitting. I've started a bunch of projects and am on the cusp of finishing some outstanding projects. I've realized that the true joy of yarn and knots is that they are willing to wait as long as necessary for you to knit them up. It's true. I think my projects would rather me be enjoying the process instead of guilt tripping myself into spending time with them.

Who wouldn't prefer the guiltless quality time more?

Now if only I could guilt trip my Opal into knitting into a holeless heel.

8 comments:

kelly said...

dont give up! i couldnt make that heel work either -- and i even had the Yarn Harlot herself spend an entire evening trying to get it to work. Google "short row heel socks" and you'll find other versions of the heel. Or do what I do and stay away from that kind of heel, I much prefer doing the heel-flap variety as it is a) less finnicky, and b) no holes in my heels!

Jen said...

is the heel flap variety the same thing that's used in the kroy sock pattern?

kelly said...

Yeah, I think so. Here's a shot of one of my socks. Its super comfy :)

Jen said...

am jealous of your holeless heel...that sounded dirty but you know what i mean.

kelly said...

I know exactly what you mean, and you too can have a pristine, holefree heel. trrrrrust me!

aviva said...

wow. i really enjoyed reading that exchange. almost makes me want to break out the knitting again...

kelly said...

do it! dooo eeeet! :)

so how are the heels this morning, jen?

Jen said...

I haven't had a chance to pick up the stitches yet but I should be finished it this afternoon.. It looks better for sure! I've done the short row heel socks before and of course no holes...i just thought there was something wrong with me to not get the twisted sister variet.

Aviva come back I miss you knitting.