Monday, June 06, 2005

Spray Bottle

As a northern ontario girl, I have an incredibly hard time functioning as a human being in temperatures over 20 degrees. This provides an enormous challenge for my PIC as I develop increasingly complicated systems to provide heat relief in the middle of the night to enable sleep.

The evolution began with fans - lots of them. Of course, I became addicted to the sound and now need at least 1 fan going every night 365 days a year. It gets a little bit "Linda Blair" for my PIC in the middle of the Canadian winter. But he just puts on an extra blanket and lets me enjoy my white noise.

Version 2.0 of Jen's Sleep Machination was 2am showers. I would get up and stumble painfully downstairs to the shower where I would soak myself in cold water then catch a chill lying naked in front of the three fans. I would then snuggle for body heat. If you were sleeping on a hot night and had a cold wet girlfriend full body spoon you - would you marry her?!? No one said I was a giving or considerate sleeper. He knows what he's getting into.

Version 2.5 of Jen's Sleep Machine came in the form of this:

That's right the common spray bottle. It's a genius solution - 3 fans and a light spray of water cools one right down quickly and efficiently. I'm currently learning to control the spray of water so that it doesn't hit my PIC who seems to have NO TROUBLE in 35 degree heat. HE IS A FREAK OF NATURE WITH INTERNAL CENTRAL AIR.

Until I've evolved to his level of AC I will love the spray bottle.

1 comment:

aviva said...

genius! i'm going to have to get me one of those (spray bottle, that is...though if Scott were an air conditioner and not a furnace, that would be good too).