Monday, May 30, 2005

Catch up

The past 3 weeks have been a blur. I have become: THE BRIDE

I don't mean to say that I'm losing my shit or balance (at least I don't think I am) but I have had: THE BRIDAL SHOWER. At the most delightful of Toronto homes, my Godmother's home.

This is a woman who fed my siblings and I artistic glamour in a sea of engineering and canadian logic. She has fly away curly hair and beautiful paintings that were given to her by friends in her artists circles. Whenever we would come to Toronto she would create an oasis in time where she would hang on every word we would say and she would never rush us. As I was the "Talker" I learned to appreciate this at an early age.

She would have all of the tools that we needed on hand to create any number of crafty projects that she would then frame and hang in her beautiful home.

She is my kindred spirit.

The bridal shower was fantastic. Casual with tons of wine and provided the opportunity to see these power houses of filial love:

My Cousin Joan (My paternal grandfather's cousin) and My Mom (powerhouse of all things Motherly)


Three Generations of Uteri Posted by Hello

At the end of the glorious day of food and family - I got loot! It is still funny to me that because I'm no longer "throwing it around" so to speak (aka living the life of the proud Urban Slut) I GET A BLENDER!! mmm...blender drinks ;-) delish.


Putting the wine face in the bridal Posted by Hello

No comments: